UPDATE: The video we were using as an example has been removed. However, the advice is still good on how to improve your video tours.
The folks that produced the real estate video tour below get an ‘A’ for effort, however they missed the mark. Video tours don’t have to be perfect, but there are some key techniques that make all the difference in the quality/appearance as well as how helpful it is to the potential renter/buyer watching it.
We asked for a few highlights from our staff of video trainers that help our clients improve their video tour skills through our Video Mastery Program’s Review process.
So How Could This Video Tour be Improved?
- Adding a 360-degree panning shot of the neighborhood at the beginning.
- Describe the floor plan at the beginning.
- Do a single pass without still shots. There was constant panning of the camera from side to side which makes it really hard to see what he is talking about.
- Prevent the camera from shaking perhaps with better camera equipment in addition to the stabilization of the video.
- Panning the room slowly so the view can get a better view of the layout and details.
- Walking smoothly while filming.
- Show the features that are being discussed. For instance while talking about the great view – show it! Describing a beautiful fireplace? Make sure you are pointing the camera at it.
Learning How To Shoot a Video Tour
We offer FREE video training where you will learn the techniques and secrets to producing informative, quality video tours in minutes with your smartphone.
Access our FREE video training now!
All training is available under the Training tab in the menu.
Take it a Step Further with Our Video Mastery Service
Once of the many features of the Video Mastery Service is our Review process which helps train your team to take quality videos. We watch your video and review your skills. You get a report card on each video, with specific training on how to improve! Your entire staff will shoot like a pro in thirty days!
Example of video grading sheet
Learn more about our Video Mastery Service.