How can we do something to surprise and delight our customers? Even the smallest of kind gestures can go a long way in building a brand with a loyal customer base.
When you see a company surprise a couple going through a hardship with a gift to help, don’t you feel good about doing business with that company? Large corporations are able pull off extravagant surprises worth hundreds or thousands of dollars thanks to their hefty marketing budgets.
Two current and prevalent examples that come to mind involve MasterCard and Bud Light. Both brands use surprise-and-delight strategies to great effect, creating powerful buzz and brand loyalty not just among their most passionate fans, but also with new audiences, thanks to the ability to share the news with friends across social networks.” – Source: AdAge
What could we, as property managers, do to make a difference in someone’s day on a smaller scale?
Greg Watson of Watson Real Estate did a few drawings during the December holidays and turned them into a fun shareable videos! He had people nominate a friend they would like to receive the featured gift (cupcakes, a ham, etc.) and the winner as well as the person nominating them each got one. In this case it was a box of fancy cupcakes, and it looks like Greg, with his typical, delightful humor, had fun doing these giveaway videos!
What type of surprises could a property management company create and record to share?
- Helping out a tenant that’s struggling with a life challenge
- Bringing family in to visit a staff member that has a baby
- Start a loyalty program that recognizes owners at milestones such as 5 years or 10 years with a nice restaurant gift certificate.
- Get everyone (tenants and owners) involved with a special holiday giveaway like Greg did in the earlier video
Each of these moments is an opportunity to:
- Create a video to share
- Showcase your brand through your generosity as well as your personality
- Expose your company to people that aren’t currently your customers
Have you done something recently to suprise and delight your staff or customers? Head over to our VirtuallyinCredible Facebook Page and share it with us!