Learn how using a leasing line can improve your property management company’s customer service as well as your staff’s quality of life.
How many leads are you losing or not converting because your staff is having trouble keeping up with a ringing phone?
When a potential owner calls, do they get a friendly, helpful BDM/Property Manager ready to discuss why you are the best property management company in the area or do they get someone who is frustrated and exhausted from dealing with a phone that will not stop ringing? It isn’t hard to imagine the difference in experience and level of customer service between the two.
What if they don’t even get a live person, but an automated attendant? Are they going to hang up and go to the next company on the list?
Todd Breen, Megan Breen, and Tim Hammesfahr discuss how having a leasing line routed to a call center where a live person takes the call makes all the difference in their productivity. Todd recalls the family time he missed because he had to handle calls that were coming into his property management company in West Palm Beach. Megan remembers her father constantly having to take calls. Todd didn’t want the next generation of his family missing out, so he developed a system to help eliminate phone calls so they can focus on more important tasks.
Problems encountered when answering phones yourself
- Inefficient use of time
- Constant interruptions
- Auto attendants frustrate callers
- Backlog of unreturned messages
- Less energy and enthusiasm from BDM/PM because they are overworked
Having a leasing line handle a majority of incoming calls
- Higher quality of life
- Better focus on important tasks without interruption
- Improved customer service
- Reduces frustration from the caller because they get a live person that can help them right away
- BDM/PM are able to give 100% to new owner leads
- Availability to offer good customer service to existing owners
How Todd’s property management company handles calls
They use multiple phone numbers to handle specific types of calls:
- Leasing Line – Handled by VirtuallyinCredible’s Leasing Line Service team and answered live. If someone calls this line for something other than leasing, the team does a warm transfer to the right person.
- Maintenance Line – Maintenance is outsourced, and they take the calls from this line.
- Owner hotline – These calls go directly to the BDM or Property Manager so they are answered by the right person. This allows staff to take care of hot leads immediately which improves the closing rate for new owner leads.
- Main Line: This line is for all other calls.
Because the BDMs and Property Managers aren’t busy taking other calls, they can focus on offering superior customer service to potential owners as well as current owners. Owners are happier because they feel like they have easy access to their Property Manager when there is an issue.
Improved quality of life
Not only does adding a leasing line improve the level of customer service offered, it also improves the staff’s quality of life. They are able to focus on the important tasks they need to do in the day and finish during business hours. After hours calls are handled by VirtuallyinCredible’s team, leaving staff free to enjoy their family time.
Are you ready to add a Leasing Line to your property management business?
At VirtuallyinCredible, we set high expectations for our Leasing Line Service:
- We aim to answer 80% of your calls in 20 seconds or less.
- We also want 95% or more of your calls to reach a live person, with hold times well under 2 minutes during peak calling hours.
Here’s how your leasing calls will be handled:
- Greet caller & determine which property suits them
- Politely request to go over pre-qualifying questions
- Answer any questions about the property
- Close by scheduling a showing with pre-qualified prospective residents only